On March 26, the press center of RIA Novosti it was the press conference "Heavy neurotrauma of children: the provision of medical care in Russia", organized by the Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology and the Charity Foundation of providing medical and social rehabilitation and care for children with severe trauma and its consequences (“The Fund of Children's doctor Roshal”).
There were the issues of rehabilitation and medical-social assistance for children with severe neurotrauma and its consequences, as well as the main causes and specificity of child injury in Russia. Particular attention was paid to the possibility of attracting public resources to solve this problem.
The speakers at the press conference were members of the Board and the Board of Trustees of the Foundation of Children's Dr. Roshal, the staff of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology and the invited:
– The Deputy Director of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, the head of rehabilitation, the Chairman of the Board of the Fund, MD, professor Valiullina S.A .;
- The Head of the Department of Neurosurgery, MD Iskhakov O.S.
- The Rector of the Church of the Iberian Icon of the Mother of God, Fr A.N.Emelyanov - a member of the board of trustees of the Fund;
- The People's Artist of Russia,a film director A.I.Surikova - a member of the board of trustees of the Fund;
-The Deputy Head of the Russian Council of Muftis - R.V. Abyanov;
- The Head of branch number 74 FSI "The Main Office of Medical and Social Expertise" in Moscow, MD, a prof. Polunin V.
The event was attended by the auditor of the Accounts Chamber of the Moscow region V.V.Grishin -a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Fund;a journalist, TV presenter Soboleva E.B. – a Member of the Board of the Fund;a Consultant dermatologist of the Bedford Hospital,a professor of dermatology and cosmetology –venerology of Moscow Institute for Advanced Studies of food production at the Moscow State University - Burova E.P. – a Member of the Board of the Fund; Berenson E.A. - a Representative of the Chief Rabbi of Russia - a member of the board of trustees of the Fund; a British lawyer, Mr. Dominic Mark Mills – a member of the Board of Trustees; Grishin A. - CEO of "Fashion Events Agency"; Ayrieva K. - an executive director of the Fund; a patient of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, who received severe head injury, 11-year-old Bodak Nikita and his father - Igor Stepanovich Bodak.
The Deputy Director of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, the head of rehabilitation, MD,a professor Svetlana Albertovna Valiullina specified statistics: in Russia, about 6 thousand children, each year, suffer from serious head injuries, including 500-600 children - in Moscow. She drew attention to a number of national peculiarities of child injuries in Russia: much often than in European countries, our children fall from windows, overturning the heavy objects (TV, cabinet doors, etc.), getting hurt when doing extreme sports, in an car accident due to non-compliance with safety regulations, etc. To save this child it is needed highly resuscitation efforts of traumatologists , neurosurgeons. A little later, there are neurologists, physical therapists, physical therapy, doctors, speech therapists, massage therapists and many other experts in order to "collect" the child and the family included , to prepare them for a new quality of life, teach the care of a disabled child. However, in the process of work, and the provision of this assistance we have to face tough problems:
- How to ensure quality and effective medical rehabilitation assistance to all those in need;
- What funds to pay for this assistance from? CHI does not cover it, paying only 30 days of treatment in the intensive care unit and 45 days - in a specialist unit. In Germany, Switzerland children with similar injuries are treated in hospital 1 year;
- Where to discharge a child after the hospitalization? Today there is no rehabilitation center, which would be hospitalized children with a reduced state of consciousness with traheo- and gastrostomy. Existing Russian rehabilitation centers accept children only at a late stage, when the time has already been lost;
- By what means should parents acquire the necessary modern rehabilitation equipment (wheelchairs, standings, splints, etc.)? Good modern facilities are expensive, disability allowance does not cover them;
- Where should parents get the available information about modern means of rehabilitation, rehabilitation opportunities, as well as opportunities to communicate with each other ?;
- How to stop the emergence of various funds that making money on sending children to rehabilitation abroad, where it is not fully ensured, since there is a certain agreement between the Fund and the medical services center making the limit of services? It's a shame when our patients, referred by such funds, are called "second-class citizens", using charity (literally from the mouth of one of the parents);
- How to create in Russia an effective stage system of rehabilitative care for children with severe consequences of neurotrauma and provide quality training ?;
- How to ensure effective prevention? It is necessary to consolidate the efforts of government, professionals, public and religious organizations, volunteer groups and philanthropists, stressed S.Valiullina. To solve these problems, there was established. “The Fund of Children's Dr. Roshal” in 2014.
About the timeliness of such a Fund there was said by the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, MD Iskhakov, Olim Sadykovich. "The work is only half done - said he.- But we can not treat such patients for a long time. Standards are made in such a way that a child requiring many months and sometimes years of rehabilitation, has the ability to be treated by our standards in intensive care 30 days, then 45 days in office, and then goes to nowhere. "
He added that for continuing the needed rehabilitation, the child's parents had to overcome enormous difficulties, with giving up a lot of people. "Parents can not provide the necessary recovery themselves. They need help ", - concluded O. Iskhakov.
The experts noted, that many of the young patients, who have undergone full treatment and rehabilitation, return to a fairly full life.
One member of the Board of Trustees of “the Fund of Children’s Dr. Roshal”, the rector of the Church of the Iberian Icon of the Mother of God, Archpriest Aleksei Emelianov believes deeply symbolic that fact ,that the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, locates in the same place, where 100 years ago the community was organized by the Red Cross (The Iberian community of sisters mercy).
Presentations were made by the father of Nikita B., who came to the press conference with his son to say heartfelt thanks to the doctors of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, who saved his boy and put him on his feet.
"No one is waiting for trouble, but when it comes, everything changes per second. After injury of a child, we are the others, our outlook varies. When the doctors were going to meet me, on whom the life of my child was depended, I saw, I felt that they had a halo over their head ... "- said Nikita’s father.
To help those parents are now possible through” the Foundation of Childrern’s Dr. Roshal”.
VIDEOS of the press conference at RIA Novosti websites: http://pressria.ru/pressclub/20140326/949092989.html
Отправьте СМС со словом РОШАЛЬФОНД пробел СУММА ПОЖЕРТВОВАНИЯ (цифрами) на номер
Пожертвования через электронные платежные системы:
8 (985) 999-42-41
4100 1556 2589 817