The Collection of the Foundation of assisting in providing medical and social rehabilitation and care for children with severe trauma and its consequences (The Foundation of Children’s Dr. Roshal).
March 5 at the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology there was the first meeting of the Foundation of assisting in the providing of medical and social rehabilitation and care for children with severe trauma and its consequences (The Fund of children's doctor Roshal), in which there was the representation of members of the Board and members of the Board of Trustees of the Fund.
By unanimous vote, the Deputy Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Professor Lyudmila Shvetsova was approved as the Chairman of Board of Trustees of the charity fund.
The Meeting discussed the plan of activities of the Fund in 2014, which presented the Chairman of the Management Board, Deputy Director of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, the director of rehabilitation, MD, professor Svetlana Albertovna Valiullina. The action plan was agreed and approved with additional proposals.
As the nearest event, the participants of the Meeting approved the holding of the press conference 26 March 2014, dedicated to ensuring quality in the Russian medical and rehabilitative care for children with severe neurotrauma. The press conference will be attended by the president, the founders, the members of the Board, the Board of Trustees of the Fund and invited. In the near future, at the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, a charity event for children must be held.
During the meeting, the participants made to projects of long-term measures, as well as suggestions for the future, providing for a medical lotteries, auctions, attracting volunteers, site development, programs of targeted assistance, assistance in rehabilitation equipment and much more.
President of the Foundation - Leonid Mikhailovich Roshal, a director of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology of Moscow, the president of the National Medical Chamber, the President of the International Charity Foundation for children in disasters and wars, MD, professor;
Chairman of the Foundation - Svetlana Albertovna Valiullina, the deputy director of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology in Medical and Economic Affairs,a Head of Rehabilitation, MD, professor;
Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Fund -Lyudmila Shvetsova, thedeputy chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Professor;
The members of the Board of Trustees of the Fund:
• Chilingarov Arthur Nikolaevich – a Member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Hero of the Soviet Union,the Hero of the Russian Federation, corresponding member of Russian Academy of Sciences;
• Lukin Vladimir Petrovich –The President of the Russian Paralympic Committee;
• Vladimir Vadimovich Grishin -the Auditor of the Accounts Chamber of the Moscow region, the professor;
• Surikova Alla Ilinichna-The People's Artist of Russia,a film director;
• Dominique Mark Mills – the Director Dominic Mills Law Firm Limited, a lawyer;
• Abbyasov Rushan Rafikovich –The Deputy Chairman of the Council of Muftis of Russia;
• Alexey Emelyanov (Archpriest Alexei) -The Rector of the Church of the Iberian Icon of the Mother of God, Fr, dean of the faculty of singing Saint Tikhon's Orthodox University;
• Shaevich Adolf Solomonovich – The Chief Rabbi of Russia;
• Solovyova Marina Anatolyevna. - the director of secondary school № 1529 and several correctional kindergartens of Moscow;
• Klyukina Anna Iosifovna- The director of the State Darwin Museum, Honored Worker of Culture of the Russian Federation.
Members of the Board of the Fund:
• Burova Ekaterina Petrovna -A consultant dermatologist of Bedford Hospital, a professor of dermatology and Venereology and cosmetology Moscow Institute for Advanced Studies of food production
at the Moscow State University
• Elena Soboleva – a journalist,a presenter,the president of the Charity Foundation for autistic children and children with special intellectual development "Sun City",a Commander of the Order "Serving Art";
• Mitish Valery Afanasievich -The Head of purulent surgery Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, Candidate of Medical Sciences
• Raj Parmar - Director RK & P Consultants LTD.
Annually, the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology receives 3.5 thousand children with cranial and spinal injuries, 160-180 children of which with severe neurotrauma need long-term treatment and rehabilitation. Annually, in Russia, 6,000 children receive severe traumatic brain injury, in Moscow - 500, the same number - spinal. More recently, these children died, but today we have the opportunity not only to save their lives, but also to restore, as do the best foreign rehabilitation clinic.We, at the institute, organized a full cycle of specialized care from starting rehabilitation in the intensive care unit and continuing in the neurosurgical ward and on an outpatient basis.
Such institutions are neither in Russia nor in the world.
However, every day, we are faced with a formidable challenge.
In this regard, given the great need for a systemic solution to this problem in Russia and the positive experience of charitable activities in the European countries (England, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and so on.),
in 2014, on the basis of the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology, it was organized the Foundation for assistance in the provision of medical and social rehabilitation and care for children with severe trauma and its consequences (The Foundation of Children’s Dr. Roshal).
The main motto of our foundation - providing high-quality medical and rehabilitative care for children with severe neurotrauma and its consequences in Russia!
The main programs of the Fund:
1). how to prevent injury;
2). what to do if the injury took place;
3). how to live with the consequences of the injury.
We approach the problem systemically- it is attracting foreign partners in scientific and clinical activity, injury prevention, the development of volunteering, training specialists, introduction of a single methodology providing rehabilitation assistance to children with serious injuries in Russia, working with the Paralympic Committee for orientation of children with disabilities in sport, targeted assistance, and so forth.